NASA/JPL NEO Deflection App (NDA) is a web-based interactive tool produced by NASA in collaboration with the Aerospace Corporation. This app is designed to provide insight into the problem of deflecting a threatening asteroid impulsive asteroid deflection, with special emphasis on using a Kinetic Impactor (KI) mission. Given a simulated asteroid on an Earth impact trajectory, the app can answer such questions as:
- What are the best times to deflect the asteroid?
- How much velocity change is required to make the asteroid miss the Earth?
- When could an impactor spacecraft be launched in order to intercept the asteroid?
- What is the maximum size of asteroid that can be deflected with a single launch?
- In which direction will the asteroid be deflected most easily?